What to Write in a Card
Need some help writing a nice message in one of our greeting cards? We've got you covered! Find below inspirational messages, heartfelt wishes and funny thoughts for just about any occasion.
Let them know that the day that they were born is a cause for celebration. Tell them how special this day is.
- Happy Birthday! We hope that your day is full of cheer, happiness and love. May all the best people in life bring warmth to you on this special occasion.
- Happy birthday, my friend! I hope this day is filled with joy and good health as you celebrate another year of life.
- Happy Birthday! You're a year older and wiser, so let's celebrate! May all your future birthdays be as memorable (or more) than this one.
- I wish you a birthday filled with joy and happiness!
- May your day be as bright as the candles on your cake.
- I hope your birthday is filled with joy!
- You are a special person, and I am honoured to be part of your celebrations.
- I hope you have a wonderful birthday and that it's filled with fun and laughter!
- Happy Birthday to you! I hope this day brings you everything that will make your heart sing.
- Happy birthday, dear friend! I hope you like your presents and that this day is filled with love and happiness.
- I wish you all the happiness someone as nice as you deserve, and I hope this year brings joy to your heart.
- I hope your birthday is an exciting and memorable occasion! Thank you for being such a great friend.
- To put it simply, I wish you all the happiness in the world.
- Happy birthday! I am so grateful for your friendship and all the fun we have together.
- It's your birthday and you deserve the most amazing day, filled with joy and surprises!
- I love you and am grateful for everything that we have! Have a great day.
- Happy birthday to you! You're the most wonderful thing that's ever happened to me.
Show appreciation for how much they have accomplished!
- Congratulations on this joyous occasion! You deserve every exciting and wonderful thing about it.
- I'm so happy for you, congratulations!!!!
- One more fantastic chapter to add to the book of your life.
- You deserve every exciting and wonderful thing about this. Congratulations!
- We would like to congratulate you on your accomplishments! Your hard work has truly paid off and we are proud of you!
- Congratulations on your success! You've worked hard and you deserve it.
- Congratulations on your accomplishments! You've done an amazing job and you deserve to be recognized.
- You deserve to feel great about this. Take a moment and think of all the exciting possibilities that await you.
- After all these years, you've finally made it. Congrats!
- You're a true inspiration and I couldn't be happier for you.I am so glad that amazing things are happening to you. You deserve this!
- I am so happy for you! Congratulations on all of your success and good fortune.
- I know how hard work pays off when it comes to the right people, especially ones who are as skilled in what they do as you are :)
- You deserve this! I'm so happy for you.
- You have worked hard and everything is finally paying off.
- Congratulations! You have earned this more than anyone else.
Message of Love
There is no better way to show love than with a handwritten card. So just speak from your heart.
- I don't know how to put into words just how much I love you.
- There are no words for this kind of blessing, so I'll just say that without question you're my favorite person in the whole universe!
- It's no secret that you're the best. I wanted to make sure you know it!
- I'm so thankful for you!
- You've made my life fun and adventurous. I hope that we get to celebrate many years together. I love you!
- I'm so lucky to have found such a great partner.
- I am the luckiest person in the world to have found you!
- You are so amazing, and I can't imagine what my life would be like without you.
- I love you so much! You’re a wonderful person and have been the best part of my life for many years.
- It turns out that you're the best thing that's ever happened to me!
- I'm so lucky to have found such a great partner.
- You are my Valentine, and I will love you forever.
- You are amazing! Thank you for making my heart feel light and life bright.
- I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you.
- I can't believe how lucky I am to have you in my life. Loving you is so easy because you are simply wonderful.
Let them know what a special moment it is to welcome a new baby into their family.
- Congratulations, you guys! That’s going to be one lucky baby.
- Congratulations, my friend! A new baby is such a wonderful blessing. Your life is about to change in the most amazing way. I can't wait to see you become a mom (or dad)!
- You two deserve every bit of happiness this baby is going to bring you.
- Mazel tov! You're having a baby! Congratulations and best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
- I am so happy for you two! Best news ever!
- What a joy it is to welcome a new baby into your family.
- This is such great news! So many happy times ahead of you…congratulations.
- Congratulations, friend! You're a parent now! Enjoy all the sleepless nights and dirty diapers. It's all worth it in the end.
- My warmest wishes on the birth of your sweet baby!
- I can’t wait to meet the new member of the family.
- Welcome to the world, little one! I can’t wait to meet you.
- You guys are going to do amazing. This baby is already so lucky!
- You two will be such great parents, congrats!
- Enjoy every moment of this new chapter in your lives.
- Can’t wait to see that sweet little face.
- I’m so thrilled for you guys. This is amazing news!
- You are going to be such an amazing mama (or dad). I'm so happy for you!
- You are going to be the best dad/mom ever!
Express feelings of gratitude! A handwritten card is one of the most meaningful ways to say thank you.
- Here’s a little note to say thank you for all that you do.
- Thank you so much! I’m really grateful to have you in my life.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I couldn't have done this without your help, it really is a labor of love!
- I want to say thanks to you. You've been there for me through thick and thin, and I'm grateful for your support. Without you, I'm not sure where I would be today. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
- Thank you for being there when I needed the most, and giving me a chance at happiness again!
- Thank you for your friendship. You are an amazing friend and I'm so grateful to have you in my life.
- I am so truly grateful for you.
- Thank you so much for being there when I needed someone most. You’re an amazing friend, and your support means the world to me!
- Thank you for your hospitality and for all that you do.
- I am so grateful for your gift. You are too kind!
- It was so thoughtful of you to think about me so from the bottom of my heart, thank you!
- I really appreciate your encouragement, friend! Thank you for being upbeat and encouraging.
- You are so important in my life and I just wanted to say thanks!
Tell mom how much you love her! Honour and celebrate the one who cares and loves you.
- Mom, you are the best! Thanks for always believing in me and supporting my every move. I love you so much.
- Happy Mother’s day! Thank you for all of your love and support.
- Mom, thank you for your support and encouragement. You were there for me when I needed you most - thank you!
- You’re a wonderful mom and I appreciate all the things you’ve done for me.
- You're a beautiful person inside and out, so there's no way you could be anything but fantastic. Happy Mother's day!
- You are the best mom in the world, and you always will be. You take care of everyone with love and care and we love you.
- Happy Mother's Day!I know you put up with a lot while I was at home, but thank goodness for your patience. You’re the best mom anyone could ask for!
- Now that I’m a mom too it is so clear how hard you worked and the patience you showed. Thanks for always being there in all of those ways!
- You are an amazing mom! I’ve learned so much from you. You really do deserve all the love and appreciation in this world.
- I want you to know how much I love and appreciate you, not just on Mother's Day but every day.
- You are my world, and I want to offer you the same love that has made me so happy.
- We all deserve to feel loved and appreciated, not just on Mother’s Day.
- I want you to know that I love you and I appreciate you and everything that you do.
Tell dad how much you love him! Show how much you appreciate and love him.
- I’m so proud to think of you as my dad. You make me laugh, and teach lessons in life with your own examples. Thank you for everything - the good times are better because they're ours!
- Happy Father's Day, Dad! I hope all your days are full of love and laughter. Thanks for everything you do to make us laugh everyday.
- Happy Father's Day, Dad! I really appreciate all of your help.
- Thanks for being the best father a son or daughter could ask for. Happy Father’s Day!
- I hope you know how much I'll always love, respect and appreciate your kindness and support.
- I hope all the love you've given our family comes back to you a hundred times over today! Happy Father's Day!
- We have been so blessed by having such an amazing dad in our lives, thanks for always being there and for making everything better.
- I’m so grateful to have you as my dad. You have loved me unconditionally and I know that your love will never run out! Happy Father's Day!
- Your unconditional love for our family is what makes all the difference in this world. Thank you and Happy Father's Day!
- Happy Father's Day! I'm so lucky to call you dad.Happy Father's day, Dad! Thank you for teaching me everything. I am so grateful that we are connected like this and can share these moments together.
- Thank you for teaching me everything that matters most in life, Dad! Happy Father's Day.
- Thanks for the lessons, Dad. Happy Father's Day!
- So much of who I am is because of what you taught me, Dad. Thank you for being such a great father and role model!
It's not easy to apologize so just be sincere in your message.
- I'm sorry for what you're going through. What you feel is completely justified.
- I am really sorry for what I said. I know that it hurt your feelings and I never wanted to do that. I hope you can forgive me and we can move on. I value our friendship and I would never want to do anything to jeopardize it. Please know that I am truly sorry for what I did.
- I'm sorry that I made you feel like this. You have every right to be upset.
- I know I let you down, and that’s not okay.
- I am really sorry for what I said. I know it hurt you and I was wrong. I wish I could take it back but I can't. All I can do is try to make it up to you. I'll be there for you and I'll always have your back, no matter what. You're my friend and I love you. Please forgive me.
- I’m sorry I hurt your feelings.
- I’m really sorry, you were right.I'm sorry, I feel like my mistake has caused you pain. It's not okay so please let me make it up to you.
- I am really sorry for what I said. I know that it hurt your feelings and I didn't mean to. I was just upset and not thinking clearly. I hope you can forgive me and we can move on. I value your friendship a lot and I don't want to lose it over something like this. Again, I am truly sorry.
- I’m really sorry for how this has gone. You have every right to be mad at me and I just want a chance to make it up to you.
- I messed up big time!!! What happened was wrong on my part and I just want to say I’m sorry.
- I really messed up. I know that what you feel is completely justified.I’m really sorry for what happened. I hope you can accept my apology.
- I'm sorry. You’re an important part of my life, and I don't want to lose your friendship. I know this is hard for you too; it hurts when people who care about us betray our trust like that but just know that I’m really sorry.
- I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings. You deserve more than just an apology from me and I want to be able to make things right with what's happened between us.
Send love and support to the ones that need it the most. Let them know you care for them.
- I am very sorry for your loss. I hope you feel loved and supported during this difficult time.
- May God's peace surround you during this painful time.
- I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one. Losing someone close is never easy, and I can only imagine the pain and grief you must be feeling at this time. If there is anything I can do to support you in this difficult time, please don't hesitate to let me know.
- I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope that the pain will lessen over time and you will find peace once again.
- Thinking of you with sympathy. Just remember not to lose hope even when it feels like everything has changed.
- Wishing that you have comfort in this difficult time. Thinking of you with heartfelt sympathy and surrounding you with gentle care.
- Wishing you the ability to feel peace during this difficult time.
- May you find comfort in knowing that your sorrow is shared and cared for by so many others.
- May you find peace in knowing that many care for your sorrow and are there for you.
- I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother. I know that you must be feeling a lot of grief and sadness at this time, and my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
- I'm sorry. I know this is going to be hard for you, but remember that we care and love you very much.
- Thinking of you with love and sympathy.
- I wish I could do more to comfort you in this difficult time, but know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please know that you can lean on me for support and advice whenever you need it. I am here for you, and will do everything I can to help ease your burdens in any way that I can.
- I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
- Wishing you comfort in this difficult time.
Send a message of encouragement to the new grad! Tell how much they have accomplished.
- Get ready because this is just the start. You can do anything!
- Congratulations, graduate! As you embark on the next exciting chapter of your life, know that you have all of our best wishes for success and happiness. Whether you're continuing your education at university or starting a career in a new field, we are confident that you will achieve great things.
- This is just the beginning of this amazing journey!
- You've got what it takes. The world is waiting for your wonderful talents and skills, congratulations!
- Congratulations on your journey! I know you have what it takes to do truly wonderful things. Always remember: keep going, stay focused and don't let anything stop you from achieving all of your goals. Congrats!
- You have a gift for doing wonderful things. Congratulations!
- The world is eagerly waiting to see what you'll accomplish next.
- Congratulations, graduate! You have worked so hard for this moment, and I am so proud of all the hard work you have put in to achieve this milestone.
- Congratulations! Whether you are moving on to college or starting your career, I know that you have the skills and determination necessary to succeed in whatever path you choose.
- Congrats! Here's to your bright future and all that you will accomplish! Best wishes always. Keep up the good work!
- Congratulations! You have made it to the end of this course. Your hard work and dedication will surely pay off in a beautiful future for you.
- I am so happy for you. I know it's been a long time coming and there is nothing like the feeling when all your hard work pays off!
- You deserve the absolutely best! A new beginning filled with possibilities waiting just around the corner. Congrats!
- You worked hard to get here—and from today forward, anything is possible! You did it. Way to go!! Success will be yours soon enough.
- Congratulations! You made it. From now on, anything is possible for you!
Tell the happy couple about the new journey they are about to embark and your wishful thoughts.
- You two are the cutest thing ever! Congratulations on your wedding. I can't wait for you guys to have all kinds of sweet adventures together.
- On your special day, may everything beautiful and wonderful be condensed into one memorable event!
- May the joy that you have today last forever! Congratulations on your wedding!
- Wishing you loads of love on your journey as husband and wife!
- Today is a very special day. Congrats and all the best on this new phase of your lives!
- You guys make a great team! Wishing you loads of love, laughter, and happiness in your marriage!
- Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love for each other only grow stronger with each passing year. Best wishes for a long and happy marriage!
- You two are just too cute for words. Congratulations on your big day!!!
- You two are the cutest couple ever! I'm so happy for you both. Congratulations on your wedding and future together.
- You two deserve all the happiness in this world. Congratulations, you lucky couple!!!
- You're finally married! Congratulations on your wedding and the beginning of a life together. Two hearts, one love and a happily ever after!
- The two of you are an inspiration to everyone! Congratulations on your wedding and I wish you the best life together.
- I can't even put into words how beautiful your love is. I'm so glad you two share each other's lives, may it grow more lovely every day of yours!
- You two are so lucky to share such a beautiful love. May the joy of your marriage grow more each day!
- You two are such lucky people to share your lives with one another. I'm so happy for you both and wish nothing but love, happiness, laughter in this partnership of yours!
- Congratulations on the most wonderful day of your life.
- Congratulations on your wedding day! You are so lucky to have found each other.
- I hope you two have a lifetime full of happiness together. Congratulations!
Send a warm and heartfelt message to loved ones from near and from far away.
- I wish you all the best this Holiday season because someone as nice as you deserves nothing but happiness.
- Wishing you a Christmas that’s merry and bright! We hope it's full of joy.
- Wishing you a Christmas that’s merry and bright! May your days be filled with joy, peace and love.
- I hope that your Christmas is filled with happiness and joy this year. Knowing people like you makes it all the more special for me!
- You're a shining example of what this special time of year is all about!
- I hope your Christmas is filled with joy and plenty. I wish you a fantastic New Year too!
- I hope your Christmas is the best it can be. I'm wishing you happiness and health this coming year, as well!
- I'm wishing you peace, happiness and love this holiday season!
- May Santa Claus bring you presents this year that will make you smile. Have the best holiday season ever with friends, family and loved ones.
- Family is what Christmas is all about. I'm so grateful for you!
- You're an important part of my life, which makes it even more meaningful that we can celebrate Christmas together as family.
- This time of year, I’m especially grateful for family like you. You make our lives more colorful and full with your presence!
- May this Christmas bring peace on your way as well as joy in ours.
- It's the most wonderful time of the year! 'Tis the season for spending time with loved ones, exchanging gifts, and spreading holiday cheer.
-Wishing you all the happiness your holiday can hold!
-May your holidays be filled with warmth, love, and laughter.
-Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a happy new year!
-May the spirit of Christmas bring you peace, joy, and happiness.
- Merry Christmas! Wishing you all the best this holiday season.
A few things to consider when writing in a card:
Tone: A tone can be hopeful, romantic, sarcastic, nostalgic, cheerful, affectionate, etc.
Mood: This is the overall feeling that your recipient will feel when they read your card. Do you want to make them feel happy, joyful, comforted, loved? Think about how your words can impact someone's day and even someone's life. Ask yourself, what is the overall feeling I would like to convey to the reader?
Message: This is the main focus of your card. Communicate your wishes and provide tailored information to the recipient. Make it personal and special. Say something that can translate your feelings and thoughts towards the reader.